Elbow pain
I have pain in my elbow of left hand for last 8 months.Its very slight but occurs when I bend my hand.So is it due to muscle pain or bone pain?And which specialist doctor to consult? Also sometimes I feel same type of pain in other parts like right elbow, knee but its for few days.

Dr. K. Santosh Sahanand
Orthopedic Surgeon 10 yrs exp Coimbatore
From the description of the pain you have mentioned it seems to be an epicondylitis, more commonly called as " tennis elbow ". You need to consult an orthopaedic surgeon, and confirm the diagnosis and try to find out the cause for this problem. As you have mentioned pain in other joints too, you need to be evaluated further with xrays and blood tests. If it is tennis elbow due to overuse, you need to do regular stretching exercises, then strengthening exercises which a physiotherapist would guide you, if pain is persistant, other options like ultrasound, bracing, taping, injections can be tried.