Ejaculation problem

After rectum prolapse surgery on 18th jan 2016 i m unable to ejaculate nd my penis is also nt erecting fully. It hs created lots of tension nd m unable to concentrate on my regular activities. Why is it happening? Will it be cured on its own? Today i musturbated bt nthg came. Pls help me out. Really depressed. :(

Doctor Answers (1) on Ejaculation problem

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there, Alteration of bladder and sexual function should be a rare complication in a properly performed abdominal procedure. The pelvic sympathetic and parasympathetic nerves run along the rectum; if dissection is not carried out in the proper plane, injury can occur, leading to bladder dysfunction, impotence, or retrograde ejaculation. This is an important consideration in the selection of the repair procedure, especially in men, though the risk of injury should be less than 1-2%.