Edima in the left leg .
Sir. I have edima in the lower leg near the ankle. This over five years. I have also have some numbness near the last two toes on the left leg. I am having lostat H as maintenance dose. My BP is normal. No sugar... Please advise

Dr. Pallavi Mehta
General Physician 6 yrs exp Mumbai

Hello Sir, Long standing edema in the leg needs a proper examination. Oedema in the legs can be majorly due to some heart problem or kidney damage. Since you have both blood pressure and diabetes, it becomes necessary to check the functional ability of both these organs. You can undergo a thorough examination of kidney function and of heart. Share the reports and I will help with what can be done.