diabetes-icon

Early puberty

My daughter is 17 month old n few days back she had some blood on uterus, on suspicion we approached doctor n he carried bone test x-ray in which her age was3-4 yrs, then he carried our ultrasound in which he told bilateral large ovarian follicles disproportionate to her age. Rt ovary vol 0.36 ml largest follicles 6.4mm n Lt ovary 1.21 ml Largest follicles 5.9 mm . No adnexal mass/POD fluid seen. Then we carried out another tests like LH, FSH, TSH, report is still awaited. May I know the reason, treatment n recommend doctors in Delhi.

Doctor Answers (2) on Early puberty

Dr. Neelam Pandey Kukreti Gurgaon | General Endocrinologist
Your child is suffering from precocious puberty with early menarche andadvanced bone age. I need to know about other findings like pubic hair appearance , breast budding etc and any skin big spots brown coloured. I also need to about Lh and Fsh report becoz this will decide the central or peripheral cause. in central cause Lh and FSH is elevated. So mri done to see any neural cause.and tretment is Lh agonist injection 3monthly till reaches normal pubertal height

Butif Lh Fsh low or normal then it is peripheral cause where ovarian cyst or adrenal gland is producing female hormone and causing  pubertal changes.

Many times it is just hypothyroidism which leads to bleeding and multicystic ovaries so provide T4 and Tsh report .as it is simplest to treat only with medication.and cyst also resolves.commonly seen.

So based on cause treatment is decided. No need to worry

But evaluation and treatment is imp because untreated pt  bone matures fast and fuse and pt remain short in height.and has many psychosocial issues

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. Its a rare occurrence as such and the cause would be hormonal which should be highlighted in the tests which are carried out. You can consult a endocrinologist near you for further assistance regarding this case. You can search for best endocrinologists near you using the practo app. Or you can consult any endocrinologist at a good hospital near you. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain.