Earache due to wax
My ear had started paining suddenly. Doc gave me medicines for a week thinking it's ear infection but it didn't stop painting then he prescribed an ear drop which seems to working well. My ear has almost stopped paining. If my ear stops paining; should I still go through ear irrigation so it doesn't occur again.

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 21 yrs exp Bangalore

the eardrop has only softened the wax...it now needs to be removed by your doctor by microsuctioning. If you stop treatment now, it will become hard sgain and soon your ear will start hurting again! Back to square one!
Dr. Venkat Raghav
Hello.... Ear Drop is given to soften wax, you might have crusted wax which was causing discomfort... Once wax dissolves it will shed on its own... If there is any discharge or pain from ear you must consult ent specialist again.... Ear irrigation also done to remove impurities and its painful procedure.