Ear pain (or say ache)

Since 2 days, I have been facing a kind of ache on my Right ear. Some say that it is due to the use of headphones. I tried putting some oil drops in my right ear. It is not that severe ache, but a irritating one when I pull it.

Dr Rahul Varma
Pediatrician 13 yrs exp Ghaziabad

Never put anything inside ear (except for prescribed medication), it can be dangerous. Take steam and warm water along with pain killer and if no improvement, show to ENT specialist. They will look inside ear using instrument called otoscope for better diagnosis.

There are many causes of earache but the most common cause is infection. This often clears up on its own without any treatment. If you feel well in yourself and have an earache, you may be able to treat yourself with simple painkillers.... However, if it is not getting better or if you have other more serious symptoms, consult ent specialist....