Ear blockage

My right ear got blocked during flight landing 10 days ago as I was suffering from cold & cough. It felt like opening on the return flight - during take off - but went back to being blocked during landing. I've started taking Solvin (decongestant) and steam inhalations since yesterday morning but there's negligible difference.

Doctor Answers (1) on Ear blockage

Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello, Airplane ear is the stress exerted on your eardrum and other middle ear tissues when the air pressure in your middle ear and the air pressure in the environment are out of balance. Usually self-care steps such as yawning, swallowing or chewing gum can prevent or correct the differences in air pressure and improve airplane ear symptoms.Wait till cold subsides , continue medicines , Once the medications have improved the function of the eustachian tubes, use of the Valsalva maneuver may force the tubes open.If it still persists consult ENT specialist.