E Coli in Urine Culture
I have been diagnosed with E Coli in Urine culture test and Proteus infection in Semen culture. Urologist gave Antibiotic but it is still seen in consequent lab report. Urologist adviced to get MRI done for Prostate gland and testicle scan for blockage if any. I feel pain in abdomen sometimes and penis pricking pain at times and also in my anus pain shoots at times. I am obese 110 kg. Height 5feet 7 inches and age 38. My question why E Coli repeats often? What test to be done to know the root cause? Please clarify.

Hello... Since entero bacteria develop resistance to drug quickly, this problem should be treated with specific antibiotics, and antibiotics should be prescribed after doing culture and sensitivity test. Incomplete cure of disease can cause recurrence. Consult urologist...

Urine culture and sensitivity Escherichia coli in urine E coli urinary infection