Dvt

What type of food I have to take while taking for treatment dvt.I am taking acitrom 2mg daily and 1mg day by day.plz give me detailed chat for food which food I have to take & which I have to avoid.plz sir& madam

Dr. J.Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
Neurosurgeon 17 yrs exp Chennai

Avoid High Amounts of Onions, Cucumber, Chillies, Olive Oil till treatment is complete Best wishes for speedy recovery
Dr. J. V. Srujan
General Physician 6 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

Acitrom is a medication which prevents your blood from clotting. Part of your body's clotting mechanism is dependent on Vitamin K. Acitrom works by decreasing Vitamin K levels. So foods that have high level of this vitamin are to be avoided. They are mainly GREEN LEAFY VEGETABLES. Even if you take these vegetables, make sure that you consume them in the same quantity each day so that they keep your INR stable. PT with INR is the test we do to measure how much time it takes for your blood to clot. Usual range for DVT is between 2.5 to 3.5.