Dryness inside nostrils
For last 15 years I am having dry nose. I also got operated my sinuses 10 years ago. There was some relief after that but not got relief completely. I don't feel any blockage inside my nose. Only I feel dryness into both the nostrils. Sometime I apply Vaseline inside the nostrils and it gives me temporary relief. If I have running nose, I feel very comfortable. Any advice/ suggestion regarding my problem would be helpful and wanted know is it normal.

Dr. Pinaki Mazumder
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 31 yrs exp Kolkata

You complain of dryness in you nostrils. Since You had some operation in your nose 10 years back, secondary atrophic rhinitis should be ruled out. If no other cause can be found then moisten your nostrils with isotonic saline nasal drop containing aloe vera. Vaselin may also help by reducing moisture loss.
Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 20 yrs exp Bangalore
I would be very happy to help you out, but I need to examine you thoroughly, so that I may understand the root cause of your suffering. My clinic Healthcare@Basaveshwaranagar is easily navigable on Google Maps. Use this app to fix up an appointment with me at a time & date that is convenient for you. Hope yo see you soon.