Dry skin..peel off

Usually I have a combination skin which tends to b oily most of the time. I was suffering from severe blackheads and whiteheads issue. So dermatologist suggested Adina gel (adapalene gel) . After using this cream I am facing peeling and dry skin. So now what to do. What to fix it. I can not step out of home. It's very embarrassing. Help ASAP. PLZ.

Doctor Answers (1) on Dry skin..peel off

Thanks for the query. These are possibly comedones and removing them with nails may cause a problem, you need to find why are they happening and it can be done easily by consulting a dermatologist. Salicylic acid based face washes can work well for you and chemical peels in multiple sessions can also be considered. Kindly consult a dermatologist for precise treatment plan.
A good skin care regimen comprises 4 steps - cleansing, toning, moisturizing and sun block. Based on your skin type, a dermatologist will recommend you appropriate products.
You can discontinue the medicatin for 2-3 days and use a moisturizer till it becomes normal. Consider re-starting gradually and for shorter contact time.