Dry skin..peel off

Usually I have a combination skin which tends to b oily most of the time. I was suffering from severe blackheads and whiteheads issue. So dermatologist suggested Adina gel (adapalene gel) . After using this cream I am facing peeling and dry skin. So now what to do. What to fix it. I can not step out of home. It's very embarrassing. Help ASAP. PLZ.

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Thanks for the query. These are possibly comedones and removing them with nails may cause a problem, you need to find why are they happening and it can be done easily by consulting a dermatologist. Salicylic acid based face washes can work well for you and chemical peels in multiple sessions can also be considered. Kindly consult a dermatologist for precise treatment plan.
A good skin care regimen comprises 4 steps - cleansing, toning, moisturizing and sun block. Based on your skin type, a dermatologist will recommend you appropriate products.
You can discontinue the medicatin for 2-3 days and use a moisturizer till it becomes normal. Consider re-starting gradually and for shorter contact time.