Dry Eye Symptoms

It's been 5-6 days since I have problem in working on computers, I feel dryness in my eyes mostly in right eye, and feel impulses like twitching in my left eye,sometimes) I think of many reasons for this- 1- It's may be air condition (draft coming out of AC), 2- Working on computers (But I take frequent breaks while working and exercise my eyes). I'll be really glad if you can just help me out with this problem.

Doctor Answers (3) on Dry Eye Symptoms

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal Sangrur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Prolonged working on laptop/tv/mobile can cause computer vision syndrome. Computer vision syndrome is a condition resulting from focusing the eyes on a computer or other display device for, uninterrupted periods of time. Some symptoms of cvs include a. Headaches b blurred vision c. Neck pain d redness in the eyes e. Eye strain f dry eyes sometimes watery eyes these symptoms can be further aggravated by improper lighting conditions. Measures to reduce this include 1. Work under proper light. 2. Blink a lot. 3. Cold compresses 4. Use good lubricating eyedrop.
Dr. Deepa Naik Ghaziabad | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Hi, what complaints you are describing fits the profile of Computer Vision Syndrome. prolonged computer use causes reduced blinking and leads to dryness. make liberal use of artificial tear eye drops to moisten the eyes. wear antireflective (coated)glasses in front of computer to minimize the glare and reflection. twitching in eyes is because of fatigue that sets in after prolonged use. artificial tear drops and frequent breaks will help in reducing it. There is no need to worry as this symptoms are common with professionals who use computer for long hours.
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there I understand your concern...Blink often to refresh your eyes. Many people blink less than usual when working at a computer, which can contribute to dry eyes. Blinking produces tears that moisten and refresh your eyes. Try to make it a habit to blink more often when looking at a monitor...Adjust your screen settings. Enlarge the type for easier reading. And adjust the contrast and brightness to a level that's comfortable for you. Keep your screen clean. Wipe the dust from your computer screen regularly. Dust lowers contrast and contributes to glare and reflection problems... You can use artificial tear drops to prevent dryness... Consult nearest opthalmologist for clinical examination they will do the needful.