Drowsy, Cold and cough

I have cold and cough since 10 days and taken medication from the local medical shop cold and cough got subsided but still cough persists a bit and drowsiness is there , sometime i feel so weak

Doctor Answers (2) on Drowsy, Cold and cough

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil Bangalore | ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist
Serves you right to believe that a pharma salesman can be better than consulting a trained ENT Surgeon! I hope you have learnt your lesson.... Drop into my clinic Healthcare@Basaveshwaranagar for an ENT consultation & I will give you the right medicines according to your body's needs.
Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...upper respiratory tract infection which cause cold and cough usually persists for 1 to 2 weeks after treatment. The drowsiness you are sleeping could be due to the medications like antihistamines. Also had you been started on any antibiotics for the infection? It will be necessary since it is persisting for long time. So Kindly consult a ENT specialist for further evaluation and treatment.