Drowsiness
Hi my brain MRI is clean, feeling drowsy half of the day, not snoring much, sleep for 8 hrs or more daily still sleepy in day time like unable to keep eyes open, doctor suggested for sleep study , what it can be ? I don't think I have sign of sleep apnea. Please help

Dr. Satish Ramaiah
Addiction Psychiatrist 14 yrs exp Bangalore

Day time drowsiness is usually a manifestation of lack sound night sleep. It is important to rule out any insomnia features in night. Rule out any medical conditions like diabetes or hypothyroidism or any substance misuse. More often depression can cause drowsiness, lethargy feelings. Only rarely some people experience excessive sleep due to hypersomnia due to Narcolepsy or other idiopathic causes. Please allow your Doctor to work out your diagnosis accordingly. Practice good sleep hygiene techniques. Read my blog about it on www.mindcarebangalore.com