diabetes-icon

Drastic weight loss

Hi, this is for my mother. She is diabetic for 12yrs, now, and is on medication ever since. But since 6-7 months I have noticed a drastic downfall in her health. She has lost lot(s) of weight (under weight now). Complains about sever pain in her upper back, I have also noticed swelling in extreem case. Lost her apetite, coughs frequently (not seasonal). Cant walk for more than 3-4 mins at a stretch and have heavy breathing. I will be glad if anyone of you could help me recognize the problem and guide to the appropriate doctor/treatment.

Hi.... Consider dietary changes. Low-fat, high-carbohydrate diets may increase insulin levels, so you may want to consider a low-carbohydrate diet .. Don't severely restrict carbohydrates; instead, choose complex carbohydrates, which are high in fiber. The more fiber in a food, the more slowly it's digested and the more slowly your blood sugar levels rise....