Doubt on ESR
My mom is suffered from tb month of March 2016 she is under medication att for now 2 months her esr rating is elevating from 50 to 70 should I worry for this or should I take any other tests for preventing other infection guide me I attached reports

Dr. Rajashekhar

HELLO DONT WORRY IT IS PART OF THE DISEASE PROCESS BYE
Dr. Jyoti Talukdar
Medical Microbiologist 18 yrs exp Gurgaon

As far as she is clinically well , nothing to worry

Hello there.  I can understand your concern.  ESR is known as erythrocyte sedimentation rate. It is a factor which in turn depends on many other factors. So it really isn't a factor to comment in for TB. All you need to do is to just take the whole course of antitubercular therapy for as long as suggested. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.

Hello....... ESR depends on so many factors.. .It is not deciding factor in tuberculosis.. So don't worry. Doctor will do microscopic sputum examination and chest x ray after two months of intensive phase and after completion of continuation phase . If result shows negative ,you don't have to worry about tuberculosis. She has tb lymphedinitis.
Dr. Rama S.K
Internal Medicine 16 yrs exp Dimapur
ESR adds to predictability of underlying infection...it has no role in predicting cure or relapse during course of ATT...so stop following it