Doubt about stomach pain.

What is the symptoms of pregnancy...my wife getting right side pain in stomach.... It was very severe.... Last year she is facing the similar problem...some times vomtting when pain comes... Last year doctor said that... It was due to overheating.... I hope it was not the pregnancy... Could u please help.... She also got the appendix operation few year ago...

Dr. Aparnaa Panda
Gynecologist 19 yrs exp Udupi

Please take her to hospital emergency department if pain is severe. They will first assess the cause of pain and then give her some injection for the pain. Ultrasound abdomen will have to be done to assess cause of pain if the doctor suggests. Symptoms of pregnancy are 1. Missed period cycles. 2. Delayed periods with abnormal bld/ spotting Preg can be checked by doing urine Preg test. Last year was a Preg test done when she had pain abdomen?