Double vaccination of bcg
My baby had administered two time bcg vaccine in confusion that first time it not done properly after one month 2nd time it had administered my baby now 7 month old now two spot is appeared in the site of adminstration .so sir is there any risk of side effect please tell me

Dr. Sasidharan
Pediatrician 13 yrs exp Hyderabad

Double dose of bcg should not cause any problem to the child. Only thing the child may have two bcg scars. Rest assured there are no side effects to the child. Regards
Dr. Manjit Kumar
Pediatrician 11 yrs exp Hyderabad
Good morning,Please do not worry. I can understand that you must be concerned. Usually it should not create a major problem. If you find any lymph node enlargement then show to your paediatrician just for reassurance. Take care.