Does PRP for hair work?

I suffer from alopecia and hair thinning on the crown. I have been to various doctors all of them with different opinions. So the last doctor advised me to go for PRP instead of a transplant because he said at my age the hair would grow back. So I am to undergo 3 prp sessions in 6 months. My previous Ayurvedic doctor(the only doctor who cared to examine the scalp before prescribing) had said most of my hair follicles are dead. On the internet I could not find one good review about PRP. I am extremely depressed. I have already paid for the PRP. Am I wasting my time and money?

Doctor Answers (1) on Does PRP for hair work?

Hi . Greetings. Prp is a recent advance in treatment of hair loss. Stimulates hair growth, better hair texture and thickening of hair. Also controls hair loss. There has been recent scientific literature supporting prp in helping hair growth. Cost will vary depending on type of tubes used for prp preparation and place where you get it done. Don't compromise and get it done by a qualified dermatologist who is aware of proper prp technique. Hope this helps. Warm regards.