Does Primoult stop period

I had delayed periods , last one almost 2 months back. Since, i was diagnosed with PCos some years i know this is the reason for any delayed period. I am not sexually active. After some home remedies which did not work either, i decided to take Primult N that was prescribed by my doctor before. It so happened i took its first dose yesterday and just within an hour i got periods. May be coincidently they were to start naturally and i took the tablet. Now there is hardly any flow but i have my usual periods pain in legs. What should i do? Should i continue the tablets for 5 days or stop it immediately. Please help.

Doctor Answers (3) on Does Primoult stop period

Dr. Disha Sridhar Bangalore | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
I hope you are aware that primolute N cannot heal PCOS  but only mask the symptoms  for sometime.
Good news is that your problem  can be totally reversed, not by masking the symptoms  but by addressing  the root cause of your issue. To know more on this, please read my blogs on www.truhealing.com or practo health feeds. Hope that helps....
Dr. Vijyaben Patel Ahmedabad | Gynecologist
Hi, stop it immediately as period has started. Now Primolute-N has no role.
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.. the medications have been given to regularise your menstrual cycles yes it looks like a coincidence that you took the tablet and you got periods you can stop the tablet till the menstration finishes and then continue till your next follow up with the gynecologist you also need to take measures to reduce your weight and do regular exercise in which will help to resolve the pcos.  ...thank you