Dislocated Arm

I have dislocated my arm from the socket in an accident before 2 years, later it has happened twice. There is difficulty now in swinging my arm while walking. Can I get this fixed through physiotherapy?

Doctor Answers (2) on Dislocated Arm

Dr. Vinod Kumar A.C Bangalore | Orthopedic Surgeon
shoulder dislocation more than 4 dislocations in an year is considered as recurrent, not solved by physiotherapy, only by surgical reconstruction If less than that can be managed with physiotherapy and shoulder strengthening
Dr. Ajay Rao Bangalore | Orthopedist
Hello, I suppose that it is your shoulder that has been dislocated previously. If it is so then you need to be examined whether you have instability. You would also need to get an MRi done to see what the exact problem is. If you have dislocated more than 2 times then in all probability it won't be solved by physiotherapy. It might need a repair. please consult an Orthopaedic surgeon