Discolouration of  lips

My lip colour turn into black..I ask a dermatologist about this..but he said..It happens...now its not curable...and give me a alovera cream which works like a lipbalm only...plz suggest something...any cream which is effective enuf or any treatment..

Harisha N L

Darkened, chapped lips can lead to a bad first impression. They make you look unclean and unhealthy. Causes of black, chapped lips range from the body's absorption of toxic ingredients to the lack of proper lip care. Hyperpigmentation sun's rays harm all parts of the body, including the lips. The lips are especially vulnerable to hyperpigmentation, or an overproduction of melanin. Overexposure to ultraviolet rays causes hyperpigmentation. Applying lip balm with sunscreen in it prevents your lips from drying, cracking or changing colors. Wearing a scarf also stops the sun from damaging your lips..