Discharge from Right Ear

Hi, i have been diagonsed with csom as my doctor said, and this is the 4 th doc im seeing, one of them said operation only, other said medication, and the last one im consulting now says medication is enough the hole in the ear drum will close by itself, but at times things looks normal, but some random day i see discharge in ear, it has reduced significantly, but not completely gone, i can feel ear canal being wet and a foul smell from the right ear, please advise what should i do next? couple of doc said you have blockage in your nostrils, that too needs to be cleared in order to get this CSOM problem completely removed, Please advise what should i do next.

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 20 yrs exp Bangalore

The doctor who advised you to get your nose operated is a good doctor. This surgery will heal the primary pathology & the nasal sprays administered to you after the nasal surgery will dry up your discharging ear. Usually I operate upon the Ear only when it has been consistently dry for 3 months which ensures that the graft will succeed.