diabetes-icon

Diet issue

Hello My mother has been diagnosed as diabetic So want to know what type of food she should take and time...can she eat fruits what type of fruits and how much quantity can she consume per day ???.And doctor has said that my mom should not eat idli or dosa in the morning instead of that she is eating oats.. And some people say that oats is not so good for health...what about dry fruits can she eat and quantity/day and what dry fruits some say not to eat anjeer and dry grapes is that true???please suggest...

Hi..... Consider dietary changes. Low-fat, high-carbohydrate diets may increase insulin levels, so you may want to consider a low-carbohydrate diet .. Don't severely restrict carbohydrates; instead, choose complex carbohydrates, which are high in fiber. The more fiber in a food, the more slowly it's digested and the more slowly your blood sugar levels rise.... Consult Dietitian....