Did not had periods

I did not had periods from 2months. I went to a gynecologist and had checked up. She told me I am not pregnant and prescribed me norethisterone. I googled about this and got to know this is for delaying periods. Now when I did not had periods why had she prescribed me periods delaying medicine and told me that I will get periods after 3 to 5 days after completing 3days dose. Tell me how to get periods now? Please suggest.

Hello..... It's given to restore periods.. You take this tablet for 3 day and 4 to 5th day you will have your periods thats called withdrawal bleeding.. So sudden stopping of tab causes menses.. Think in other way round ... If you want to postpone menses you can take it for three, four days near your menses so that menses occurs 3 to 4 days after the expected date.. That's postpone of period. So it's used for both purpose.
Dr. Disha Sridhar
Obstetrician 13 yrs exp Bangalore
If you  really want to know  the root cause of your problem and heal, please  read my blogs on www.truhealing.com or practo health  feeds. Hope that helps....