diabetes-icon
Diagnose with high sugar
Hi My father is recently diagnose with sugar. His sugar level is reach to 460 after having  food and and at empty stomach it was 380. Yesterday we had test of glycated hemoglobin and result was 10.3 and it was very scary. Kindly suggest me how to proceed further . Can you please suggest it is diabetes 1or diabetes 2 

Dr. E. Santhosh Kumar
General Practitioner 7 yrs exp Chennai

DON'T NEED TO GET PANICKED. USUALLY IN OLDER AGE GROUPS IT'S TYPE 2 DM. AT POINT OF DIAGNOSIS IT MAY BE 300 OR 400 . HE NEED TO TAKE TREATMENT REGULARLY, WITH DIET AND EXERCISE(PRESCRIBED BY THE PHYSICIAN ) WILL BRING DOWN THE BLOOD SUGAR VALUES. YOU MAY BE LITTLE CAUTIOUS AND CHECK HIS KIDNEYS HEART LIPID PROFILE AND BLOOD PRESSURE FINALLY REGULAR BLOOD SUGAR CHECK UP AND REVIEW WITH THE DIABETOLOGIST REGULARLY