diabetes-icon
Diabets and hypothyroid
Sir I have diabetes and hypothyroid. recently my weight had got increased very much. despite of taking medicines my sugar level doesn't come down, Iam married and I plan for baby! Basically I wanted to lose weight and have a baby. could you pls help me to sort out these diabetes and thyroid problems ?

Rakesh Arora
Endocrinologist 5 yrs exp Amritsar
Increased weight can be due to the medications or dietary imbalance or hypothyroidism. You should see a dietecian and get proper dietary advice. At the same time you should see an endocrinologist to know about your blood sugar levels and thyroid function. After taking into account your dietary pattern, your medications, your blood sugar levels and your thyroid status, a proper advice can be given to you regarding weight loss and pregnancy planning.