diabetes-icon

Diabetics issue

I was diagnosed Diabetic 3 years back and I controlled it only through proper exercise and diet. Last month I was again diagnosed and levels where around 400.. I agin got it controlled with proper yoga, strict diet and exercise. It is normal now and I keep checking regularly the levels too. Do I still have to rely on medicines? Pls suggest.

Doctor Answers (1) on Diabetics issue

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...if the sugar levels have been under control for several months with strict diet, excersise and modification of life style then you will not need any oral medications or injections. But you have to keep monitoring your sugar levels (especially fasting blood sugar and post prandial blood sugar) regularly, because diabetes is a life long disease. It cannot be cured. It can only be kept under control. And if not under control can lead to many serious complications, including death. You can also cause a diabetician or general physician for further queries.