diabetes-icon

Diabetic patients

Hi I am suffering diabetes from last 6 years and I have face problems to increase my asitone... Any type of surgery or treatment to increased my insulin Plz help me

Doctor Answers (2) on Diabetic patients

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there..,, Depending on what type of diabetes you have, blood sugar monitoring, insulin and oral medications may play a role in your treatment. Eating a healthy diet, maintaining a healthy weight and participating in regular activity also are important factors in managing diabetes... Choose healthy foods and maintain a healthy weight. Losing just 7 percent of your body weight if you're overweight can make a significant difference in your blood sugar control. A healthy diet is one with plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes, with a limited amount of saturated fat....Make physical activity part of your daily routine. Regular exercise can help prevent prediabetes and type 2 diabetes, and it can help those who already have diabetes to maintain better blood sugar control. 
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello, there are two types of diabetes .Type1 juvenile diabetes where insulin level is low . In such conditions insulin is administered . In Type 2 diabetes there is peripheral resistance for insulin activity along with low insulin. You need to follow strict diet and change your lifestyle. If you are fed up with medicines you can take insulin injections ,dose adjustment is done by general physician taking blood glucose levels in to account . consult physician in nearest hospital.