diabetes-icon

Diabetes related

I have been a diabetic for 14 yrs and BP/hypertension also got added in the last 6 yrs. I get stressed easily. I go for walks 30 -45 min in the morning and past 2 months I have been doing yoga instead (can do either as I rush to work by 8 am). I manage doing both on weekends. My sugar levels are never normal (PP range 250 -390) and FBS is 160 or so. I do have control on my diet but sometimes I take a bite or 2 of sweets,. My husband's a schizo patient and it causes a lot stress to me. 2 months ago, I was advised to go insulin and the readings I mentioned above are post 45 days of insulin (INSUMAN 14 in morning and 10 at night) and Glucobay M50. Pls advise.

Doctor Answers (1) on Diabetes related

Dr. Radhika Kumar Bangalore | Endocrinologist
Hi, your diabetes can be controlled well, there are many oral medications and newer type of insulins available . The sugar levels , what you have mentioned shows your control is poor at the moment. I would suggest you see an endocrinologist or diabetologist to change your medications . This is not the right forum to prescribe medicines . But your diabetes situation can be improved very well easily.