Diabetes problem

I have pain in.my left knee from the last 8 days and I have checked my sugar its bbf is 178 and after bf is 246 on 4th may now I am feeling very much pain in my knee

Doctor Answers (1) on Diabetes problem

Dr. Navya G Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there..you have diabetes, you haven't mentioned about what treatment your taking for it...if you taking then the medications your taking are not working as your sugars are still high..please consult diabetologist for change of medications and dietician for diabetic diet advice.. And knee pain could be due to many causes like fracture of patella, joint disorders and, ligaments tear, bursitis, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, septic arthritis.... home remedies to reduce pain are hot fomentation, application of gels containing diclofenac, knee brace, avoid putting pressure over the knee which is paining, avoid sitting down.. please consult orthopedician once..