Depression

I was in love but due to family situation could nt tie each other. Now I got married but could not come out from that love. Not getting sleep my health is completely down..whoever console also am nt getting satisfied..please suggest what o have to do.

Doctor Answers (2) on Depression

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Take steps to control stress, to increase your resilience and boost your self-esteem.
Reach out to family and friends, especially in times of crisis, to help you weather rough spells.
Get treatment at the earliest sign of a problem to help prevent depression from worsening.
Consider getting long-term maintenance treatment to help prevent a relapse of symptoms.
Ms. Vidhi Shah Prabhu Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Hi, It must really hurt you to not be with someone you loved. You compromised your entire life for the love of your parents and that's quite understandable. However, it sounds like you are regretting your decision and you are not able to do any justice to your wife as well. How long have you been married for? And are you still in touch with your ex? Details like these would certainly help me to give some specific guidance. However, considering that your problem is deep rooted with your thoughts revolving only around her I would suggest you to go for counseling as that would help in the long run and faster coping. Please visit a counselor before your personal life gets more damaged.