Depression

I had a terrible break up 7 months before and till now i am not able to get over it...i am feeling so lonely and thinking about killing myself...terrible mood swings killing me...pl help

Doctor Answers (2) on Depression

Ms. Vidhi Shah Prabhu Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Hi, I understand the feeling of losing someone who you have once loved so much. Getting over someone is like getting over an addiction. But you need to try and accept the fact that no matter how hard you try at times, some relationships just don't work out that well. However, what you can do is learn from your relationship and move on. I hope you're not keeping any contact with her nor stalking her. As far as your mood swings are concerned try to distract to yourself from negative thoughts by engaging into socials or activities which are positive influence. If your suicidal ideations still continue then please go meet a counselor asap. I hope this helps you to get some clarity and plan your priorities.
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi, Take steps to control stress, to increase your resilience and boost your self-esteem. Reach out to family and friends, especially in times of crisis, to help you weather rough spells. Get treatment at the earliest sign of a problem to help prevent depression from worsening. Consider getting long-term maintenance treatment to help prevent a relapse of symptoms. Consult Psychiatrist....