Depression

I can't concentrate on my studies I am on anti depressants stalopam from last one month... PLS tell how much time it will take... How much more I have to suffer

Doctor Answers (2) on Depression

Dr. Sugandha Gupta Delhi | Psychiatrist
Antidepressant action can take 4 to 6 weeks for onset, so please wait for some time for medication to show action. Please discuss options of treatment with your psychiatrist. Also discuss your concentration specifically, I am sure you and your psychiatrist can find some solution to your problems if you work together.
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hey, psychological illness take long time to cure , Take steps to control stress, to increase your resilience and boost your self-esteem.
Reach out to family and friends, especially in times of crisis, to help you weather rough spells.
Get treatment at the earliest sign of a problem to help prevent depression from worsening.
Consider getting long-term maintenance treatment to help prevent a relapse of symptoms.