Depression

I'll try to be brief. This is my past: Bullied by family and people in school. Mother taking her stress out on me by beating me black and blue since I was a kid. Grew up hating the world and myself. Turned atheist when I was in 4th grade. Never accepted by anyone but my father. When I was 13-17 years I was extremely short tempered and burst out in anger for little to no reason at all. Always felt like a looser and a burden for everyone around me. I've learned to live with myself since 2 years, I've been extremely happy and rarely got angry. But today I was pissed , don't know why. My mother said something that wasn't even supposed to be all that irritating but I lost it, I burst out in anger and punched the wall like I used to do in my teens. Am I still depress because of my past?

Doctor Answers (3) on Depression

Asses urself also that in all the negetive things ,everything is due to other peoples fault, or u hv some contribution in some cases.. both cases treatment are different, so just chk once before going to doctor... it wl b more helpful for u.. best wishes
Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
A good introspection by yourself. The behaviour  could be a reflect of your past. Life has to move as u hv been doing .
Still.it is better to resolve those past experiences and have a clarity about yourself and your future.
I think if u attend some Counselling Sessions  you might get some clarity.
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello..
Well yes you have been carrying a lot of things from the beginning of your life . You definitely need to meet a counsellor and unwi d it one by one...if you carry all these things in your mind it will increase more ...please meet a psychiatrist  or a counsellor...you definitely need help