Depression/disinterest

Lately Ive lost interest in everything and feel that life is totally wasted.Moreover I don't know what's bothering me.Feel like sleeping all day and being alone seems a better option always.Don't feel like meeting people,even friends.There is always a fear of being judged for wrong reasons.Never experienced this before

Doctor Answers (2) on Depression/disinterest

Ms. Vidhi Shah Prabhu Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Hi, The symptoms that you have described seem to point towards depression. However, it is important to know since how long have you been experiencing such a problem. You would require some medication which will help eliminate your physical symptoms. But it is important that you also go for some counseling as it will help you figure out the triggering factor to this problem and also get you out of negative habits. Counseling will help address your problem in detail and prevent relapse.
Dr. Naveen Jayaram Bangalore | Psychiatrist
Hi, how long are you experiencing these symptoms? Any thing precipitated these symptoms?? Seems like depression, it can be managed. Kindly consult.