Dentalproblem Rootcanalad

I felt gap between my chewing teeth and used to clean the food particles with tooth pick. Off late I felt pain over gum and teeth. I visited Dentist they said Root canal needs to be done on both tooth on upper jaw. It costs Ten Thousand upwards in top private Hospital and at a private charity hospital cum college Rs.1700 per tooth. My question can I avoid Root canal is there any way out. At such an age I am having to under go root canal treatment is disturbing me psychologically. Would Root canal be painful?

Doctor Answers (4) on Dentalproblem Rootcanalad

Dr. Rashmi Punhani Bangalore | Pediatric Dentist
Hi there ...don't worry...visit a good nearby endodontist and get the root canal treatment done ....it's not painful ... Take care ...!!
Hi.. Root canal is not at all painful. With proper anesthesia it's comfortable to the patient. There is no age limit for root canal and it's a most common treatment to save tooth. Don't worry just undergo the treatment. Postponing or avoiding it will invite more problems and spread of infection. Regards
Dr. Govindaraj.S.J Bangalore | Implantologist
You already had a second opinion by going to dental hospital and college. Now RCT treatment is the option offered to you. I think lot of us go with a lot of presumptions. My only advice to you is to save the teeth, a definite psychological advantage and would save a lot of money and time trying to replace the teeth at a latter date.
Root canal is not painful and there is no age bar for this treatment!! There is no substitute for this treatment to save teeth!!!