Dengue fever

My father is having dengue and it is the 4th day after onset of fever though the temperature is normal right now. He is taking medications suggested by doctors and drinking papaya leaf juice, giloy juice, wheatgrass juice, pomegranate juice for increasing platelet count. There is acute abdominal pain and slight muscle pain. does this mean that he is recovering as there is no fever. And what is the reason of acute abdominal pain. Is there anything to worry??

Doctor Answers (1) on Dengue fever

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there..... I went through your query.... Pain abdomen in Dengue fever is due to mild ascites in the abdomen..... Fortunately, this viral disease is usually self-limited and usually adequate hydration and pain control will help the person through the infection.... Continue the following treatment and follow the instructions given by your Physician.....