Delusion and phobia

Few months back an insect got in my ear when I was sleeping and bit inside my ear. I was terrified by that incident. Since then I have phobia of insects. I always feel that Insects are crawling in my ears and nose. I always keep on cleaning and checking my ears. An ent specialist checked my ears and found nothing. But still I feel there is something in my ear. I am afraid of stepping out of my house. On sight of any insect I feel it will go in my ear or nose. I am not able to sleep because of this fear. I can't concentrate on anything . I always keep on thinking about this full day. I think this is psychiatric problem. What should I do.

Doctor Answers (1) on Delusion and phobia

Dr. Amit Jagtiani Agra | Psychiatrist
Yes you definitely need a psychiatric assessment. From the short description you have provided it seems more of an OCD, however it is too premature to comment upon it. I would suggest that you visit a psychiatrist for complete evaluation.