Delay in periods

My menses does not come regularly it comes in around 6-8 months only one time and i have taken treatment from many doctors but the problem remained same. They gave me medicines due to which i became fat and they says take the medicines on regular basis changed so many doctors and now there is no effect of medicine in me now i m trying homopathy bt no use

Sharath Kumar K N
General Physician Mandya
Hello, Irregular periods is caused by hormonal imbalance (like prolactin, oestrogen, progesterone,) hypothyroidism, reproductive tract infections, PCOS, anemia,fibroids, stress etc, you need to be examined first to find the cause, don't worry all can be managed with medicines please consult a gynecologist. If you already consulted a doctor and they adviced regular medicine, then you need to take them instead of changing doctors. Some disease (like PCOS) needs treatment for months. Hypothyroidism for life long.