Delay in periods

Hi dr, i had sex with my wife and after 30 min of intercourse she took i-pill, she missed his period and after 6 week of intercourse she took an home pregnancy test and test was negative, and in 8th she take another home test and that was also negative its his 9th week and there is no progress in period and she had no previous history of irregular periods , so please suggest me what should i do, period is already delayed 2 month, should she test again please suggest me . Thanks in advance

Doctor Answers (1) on Delay in periods

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there....., In a normal menstrual cycle, a balance between the hormones estrogen and progesterone regulates the buildup of the lining of the uterus (endometrium), which is shed during menstruation. If a hormone imbalance occurs, mentrual irregularities occurs.. Periods can be delayed for a single cycle or it can be delayed in every cycle. If the delay is in only a single cycle, the most likely cause is a temporary cause like stress. Consult Gynecologist for further evaluation...