Deep pigmentation on face

I have hyper pigmentation on my face(around my mouth). it is looking very odd. It is very darker in color compared to other parts of my face. i have tried several lightening creams to get rid of this. But no use. Since 3-4 months it is getting visible very much. Im using almond oil also as I have dry skin. Is there any solution to treat these kind in short term? My face darker compared to my hands and body. I have very dark color skin around my neck too. is this genetic problem? because no one in my family has these kind of problems. can I cure this as well? Can you please suggest me the solution how to treat this. Thanks in advance.

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

It is a difficult condition to treat as it's known for relapses. a seasoned Dermatologist will explain you more about the condition. A good skin care regimen comprises 4 steps - cleansing, toning, moisturizing and sunblock. Based on your skin type, a dermatologist will recommend you appropriate products. Peels like glycolic acid and lactic acid  will help in lightening. You may need oral medications. Consult a skin specialist .Skin is the mirror of internal health and to get a perfect skin you need to treat both ways - internally and externally. Check yourself for systemic problems.