Death certificate related

My grandmother was admitted 25 days ago in a hospital in Ghatkopar. Doctors have said that they cannot revive her and she might die anytime soon. My query is if we take the patient home, would we not get death certificate from the hospital and the local physician. We are not getting any accurate answers from the hospital authorities and am in need of desperate help.

Dr. J.Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
Neurosurgeon 17 yrs exp Chennai

Dear Sir Only if you are in hospital , the hospital will give death certificate
Dr. Sameer Sahay
Consultant Physician 9 yrs exp Pune

Yes you can get a DC. Though you should have an understanding with the treating doctor or a local registered medical practitioner must be duly informed of her illness and impending demise in advance.
Hi there I understand your concern.... Hospital will not issue death certificate for death happened in home even though died person is their patient...same applies to local physician... What you can do is when the person dies get a local doctor or physician to the place and let them declare the death then they will issue death certificate... Regards.