Dark spots due to pimples

My skin has developed dark spots and uneven skin tone due to pimples occurring every now and then. I usually am not very pimple prone but once in a while I do get pimple outbreaks and they leave behind marks and dark spots. I have oily skin.

Doctor Answers (1) on Dark spots due to pimples

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal
6 yrs. of exp | Bangalore | Dermatologist
Hi. Greetings. Pimples may often leave spots especially if not treated or if we burst pimples or pick them. You'll need skin lightening creams for a specified duration to reduce the marks , and this could also be dealt with chemical peeling. Also you must use a sunscreen to prevent darkening of the spots. For scars, creams may not work n you may need procedures like microneedling, microneedling rf, fractional lasers, prp or subscision or a combination of these. Send in your pictures on follow up messaging for further assistance. Or see a dermatologist near you and discuss the same with him. Hope this helps.  Warm regards.