Dark spots due to pimples

My skin has developed dark spots and uneven skin tone due to pimples occurring every now and then. I usually am not very pimple prone but once in a while I do get pimple outbreaks and they leave behind marks and dark spots. I have oily skin.

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal

Hi. Greetings. Pimples may often leave spots especially if not treated or if we burst pimples or pick them. You'll need skin lightening creams for a specified duration to reduce the marks , and this could also be dealt with chemical peeling. Also you must use a sunscreen to prevent darkening of the spots. For scars, creams may not work n you may need procedures like microneedling, microneedling rf, fractional lasers, prp or subscision or a combination of these. Send in your pictures on follow up messaging for further assistance. Or see a dermatologist near you and discuss the same with him. Hope this helps.  Warm regards.