Dark ring on neck area
There is Dark ring on neck area of skin. It's there since my childhood. It's not cleaning issue I always wash it properly but this dark ring still remains. What's the problem here? How to remove this dark pigmentations?

Dr. Rasya Dixit

Hi You seem to be having acanthosis nigricans. it is common to see this dark velvety pigmentation over the neck, underarms areas. this condition may run in families or may be due to obesity. Please exercise regularly and avoid junk food. please contact a dermatologist who can prescribe oral vitamins and exfoliation creams as well. treatments such as chemical peels laser or dermabrasion help lighten the pigmentation