Dark Patches on face

Hi, I have dark black spots (patches) on chin and upper lips area. i have tried lots of home remedies to remove this but no luck. Please suggest something to clear these black spots from my face. Due to these spots i have uneven skin tone of my face. Thanks.

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Thanks for the query. Skin care needs to be customized based on the presenting complaints. Based on your description, it appears that you have facial melanosis which could be melasma compounded by acanthosis nigricans. These conditions have a strong relation to one's internal health and it needs to be evaluated as often quoted - Skin is the mirror of internal health. Attempting treatment without understanding the pathology will be futile and make the course longer. Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation which probably will include a retinol based night cream and a vitamin C based lotion.
A good skin care regimen comprises 4 steps - cleansing, toning, moisturizing and sunblock. Based on your skin type, a dermatologist will recommend you appropriate products.
Apply Sunscreens regularly.