Dark circles

Hi.. I am not sure this can be called dark circle because not entire area round eye is dark. just the corner area which is very dark. I am pretty sure it's not because of specs because even my mom has it. Further I clean my specs all the time. It's been there from past 4 years and if I ever remove my specs in front of anyone, I get strong reaction as to why is it so dark. I don't go for lens only Coz specs atleast hide them. Can you please suggest anything to get rid of these. Is it any deficiency ?

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Thanks for your query. Dark circles around the eyes at your age is unusual and could indicate an insulin resistance. Do you have darkening of armpits and nape of neck? Skin is the mirror of internal health and to get a perfect skin you need to treat both ways - internally and externally. See a Dermatologist who will recommend a product for reducing pufiness and darkness. Avoid rubbing the eyes as it will increase pigmentation. Now-a-days many chemical peels also offers realistic promise- like glycolic acid and lactic acid peels. Special under eye gels and creams, mesotherapy and dermapens are some adjunctive treatment options.