Dandruff problem

I am suffering from dandruff problem from the last 3 years_ the one which sticks to your scalp. I have tried to get rid of it by using numerous shampoos and oils but all in vain. It gets itchy at times and flaky at times. Its causing hairfall as well. How do I get rid of it completely??

Doctor Answers (1) on Dandruff problem

Dandruff is a common situation more common among in adults now a days. It can be more problematic if you are using hair oils. So consider discontinuation of oils and using an antifungal shampoo everyday for first week and then reduce the application to twice a week for maintenance. You should keep the shampoo at-least for 5 minutes on the scalp for it to act. This should solve your problem. However if problem persists, consult a Dermatologist for proper diagnosis and treatment and to rule out any other skin condition like Seborrheic dermatitis or Scalp psoriasis. Hope  it helps you.