Dandruff Issue

I have Wet Dandruff problem (Sebohrric Dandruff) due to which sticky flakes comes on my scalp as well as blood. And now I am having pimples on my forehead. I had took medication for this few months ago but it didn't worked. I was given A scalp lotion - Ketakonazole 2%, A Shampoo - Betadine-D and a tablet. ( I didn't took the tablets). The problem is becoming severe day by day. What should I do now. Help me with a correct solution. And how much time do it will take to cure completely? P.S. - I saw a tv show in which they were saying certain hair problem. And mine was same so I am assuming that I have a wet dandruff problem but actually still confused that is it the same or any allergy?? So, Please, give me solution for this.

Doctor Answers (1) on Dandruff Issue

Dr. Sudha Shroff Hyderabad | Dermatologist
Hello,as per your problem you have thick scales over scalp.this occurs not only in dandruff but there are other skin conditions which cause such type of thick greasy scales.in such conditions shampoos containing coal tar with ketoconazole preparations help.which should be used every alternate days.leave it on scalp for 10min and then rinse.if condition is severe other topical lotions like mometasone with salicylic acid should be used for certain period.
consult dermatologist for correct diagnosis of your condition and for management.