Dandruff issue

I have serious dandruff scalp issue. I tried few dandruff shapoo including body shops ginger shappo. My hair is dry. After 5 minute of bath my hair will get dry. i think now days my face also effecting with dandruff. While in a hot location dandruff become worst. Could you please sugguest me a good dandruff shampoo? Is cipla 8x good? Need any control on food?

Doctor Answers (1) on Dandruff issue

Dandruff is a common situation. It can be more problematic if you are using hair oils. So consider discontinuation of oils and using an antifungal shampoo everyday for first week and then reduce the application to twice a week for maintenance. You should keep the shampoo at-least for 5 minutes on the scalp for it to act. This should solve your problem. However if problem persists, consult a Dermatologist for proper diagnosis and treatment and to rule out any other skin condition. Hope it helps you.
Nizral or Conaderm are good antidandruff budget shampoos.
You can consult me on Practo Direct for personal recommendations.